Jags Athletic Booster Club (JABC) Scholarship
CLASS of 2022 - Scholarship Application Deadline is Friday, April 8th, 2022 at 4:30 pm.
Submit completed application either electronically to JABCScholarships@gmail.com,
or deliver a printed physical copy to the JABC Booster Mailbox in JHS Office.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
A Senior in the Johnson High School (JHS) athletic program who plans to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited institution of higher learning including but not limited to: community college, university, trade school, technical school may apply.
The student must be/have:
- Participated in high school athletics for at least 1 of their high school years;
- Maintained a minimum GPA of 2.75 in high school through the Fall semester of their Senior year; and
The student's family must:
- Be a member in good standing of the JAGS Athletic Booster Club (JABC) during the student's Senior year. If financial assistance is needed for Booster Membership please e-mail JABCScholarships@gmail.com.
The student and/or family must have:
- Served a minimum of 8 volunteer hours annually, with at least 4 of those hours in service of JABC, during the student's Senior year.
These are the minimum requirements to apply - applications that exceed the minimums will score higher based on the application scoring system
Application Requirement Highlights
- 400 minimum word essay
- Essays will be scored blindly
• Teams and levels (ex. Freshman/JV/Varsity)
• Years of play
• Applicant will provide the name of a coach who can best attest to the student's level of
sportsmanship, integrity, and leadership.
• Provide the student's GPA through Fall 2021
Student/Family Volunteer Hours:
- Provide information about student volunteer hours, including: dates, hours, organization served, and brief description of volunteer roles.
- A completed Student/Family Community Service Log reflected hours not entered directly into the JABC online volunteer system must be attached to Scholarship Application.
- Student’s family participation in the JAGS Athletic Booster Club (ie. Board/Committee position, JABC event volunteer, etc.)
- All athletic participation information will be confirmed with a JHS Athletic Dept. representative.
- GPA information will be confirmed by the JHS Counseling Dept.
- Scholarship winners will be announced at the final JABC general meeting of the year, which will be in May 2022.
- The amount of each scholarship will be determined by the amount of funds available and the number of qualified applicants.
- Recipients will have until January 31 of the year following their graduation to submit proof of enrollment at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Awards will be paid directly to the student after the student submits documentation of school payment to JABC.
- Instructions for submission of the documentation will be included with award notification to scholarship recipients.
- If you have any questions, please contact the JABC Scholarship Committee at JABCScholarships@gmail.com.
Service/Volunteer Hour Information
The Jags Athletic Booster Club will have sign ups on the website under the Volunteer Opportunities Tab for all service/volunteer opportunities offered by the JABC. We encourage our athletes to not only volunteer for athletic events, but to also volunteer for other organizations within JHS and the Hays Community.
If you are performing service/volunteer hours and there is not a sign up on the Jags Athletic Booster Club website, please utilize the Service/Volunteer Hours form.
Once completed, please email the form to JABCScholarships@gmail.com.
Volunteer hours and forms MUST follow the booster fiscal year (July 1 - June 30 of each year).