Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Any Senior in the Johnson High School (JHS) athletic program who plans to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited institution of higher learning (college, university, trade school) may apply.
The student must have :
1. Participated in high school athletics for at least 3 of their high school years;
2. Maintained a minimum GPA of 2.75 in high school through the Fall semester of their Senior
3. Served a minimum of 5 volunteer hours annually, for each year of athletics at JHS. ** .
The student's family must have:
1. Been a member in good standing of the JAGS Athletic Booster Club (JABC) during the
student's senior year;
2. Been a paid member of JABC each year their student participated in athletics at JHS ** ; and
3. Served a minimum of 5 volunteer hours annually, through JABC, for each year the family was
a JABC member. **
Describe your athletic accomplishments, how participation in sports has influenced your life, and how lessons learned will affect your future.
• Essays should be typed, with a minimum of 400 words, and attached to the scholarship
• Essays should be grammatically correct, appropriately structured, and on topic.
Athletic Participation (List all that apply):
• Teams and levels (ex. Freshman/JV/Varsity)
• Years of play
Provide the name of the coach who can best attest to the student’s level of sportsmanship, integrity, and leadership.
Student Volunteer Hours:
Provide information about student volunteer hours, including: dates, hours, organization served, and brief description of volunteer roles.
List the ways that the student’s family has participated in the JAGS Athletic Booster Club.
• Board or Committee positions held
• Volunteer opportunities for JABC (concessions, JAGS Golf Tournament, etc.)
• Sponsorships of JABC
JHS transcripts will be provided to the JABC scholarship committee by the JHS counseling department. All information submitted by the student will be confirmed with the Athletic Director and coaches. The amount of the scholarship will be determined by the amount of funds available and number of qualified and selected athletes. Recipients will have 6 months from the date of high school graduation to submit proof of enrollment at an accredited institution of higher learning.
Awards will be paid directly to the student after the student submits documentation of school
payment to JABC. Instructions for submission of the documentation will be included with award
notification to scholarship recipients.
Service/Volunteer Hour Information
The athletic booster will have sign ups on the website under the Sports Coordinator (Volunteer) Tab for all service/volunteer opportunities offered by the booster club. We encourage our athletes to not only volunteer for athletic event, but to also volunteer for other organizations within JHS and the Hays Community. If you are performing service/volunteer hours and there is not a sign up on the athletic booster club website, please utilize the Service/Volunteer Hour form below.
Once completed please email the form to JAGSscholarship@gmail.com. Volunteer hours and forms MUST follow the booster fiscal year (July 1 - June 30 of each year).